The Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly was created from the then Akuapem South Municipal Assembly, when the latter was split into two, by the Local Government (Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly) (Establishment) Instrument, 2012 (L.I 2047).
The Assembly also derives its mandate and functions from other legislations such as:
- The 1992 Constitution
- The Local Government Act 1993 Act 462
- The Local Government (Urban, Zonal, Town Councils and Unit Committees) Establishment Instrument, 2010. LI. 1967.
- The Local Government Service Act 2003, Act 656
- The National Development Planning Commission Act 1994 (Act 479)
- The National Development Planning Systems Act 1994 (Act 480)
- The District Assemblies’ Common Fund Act 1993 (Act 455).
VISION: The Vision of the Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly is to become a developed Municipal Assembly that provides exemplary Service to its people.
MISSION: The mission statement of the Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly is as follows;
“The Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly exists to facilitate the improvement of the quality of life of the people within her jurisdiction by harnessing all resources available for equitable provision of service for the total development of the Municipality. The Assembly also has the responsibility to ensuring Good Governance, security, law and order.”
GOAL OF NSAWAM ADOAGYIRI MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY IS:
To reduce poverty, increase employment opportunities, enhance the capacity of the Municipality’s human resources, strengthen social infrastructure and services, encourage the establishment of agro-base industries and adequately resource the Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSEMBLY
In furtherance of the Assembly’s mission and in consonance with the Medium-Term National Development Policy Framework: Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA), the following strategic objectives are being pursued by the Assembly:
- Compensation of employees.
- Improve fiscal resource mobilization.
- Strengthen economic planning and forecasting.
- To ensure synergetic development of strategic Sectors.
- Improve efficiency and competitiveness of MSMEs.
- Improve Agricultural Productivity.
- Encourage appropriate land use and Management.
- Manage waste, reduce pollution and noise in urban centres, incorporate the concept of open spaces and the creation of green belts or green ways in and around urban communities.
- Promote resilience urban infrastructure Development maintenance and provision of basic services.
- Create an enabling environment that will ensure the development of the potential of the rural areas.
- Accelerate the provision of affordable and safe water.
- Accelerate the provision and improve environmental sanitation.
- Improve quality of teaching and learning.
- Bridge the equity gaps in access to health Care and nutrition services and ensure sustainable financing arrangements that protect the poor.
- Progressively expand social protection interventions to cover the poor.
- Promote the use of ICT in all sectors of the economy.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Local Government Service Act.
As a public service institution, the Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly has over the years developed some core values in the pursuit of its Vision, Mission and objectives. Some of these core values are teamwork, discipline, excellence, efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery, transparency and accountability, customer care, integrity and collaboration with all stakeholders for the desired results.
The Assembly has tried to inculcate these value systems through staff training and development.