NSAWAM, DENKYEMBOUR RECORDS FIRST COVID-19 CASES

The Eastern Region has recorded two more cases of Covid-19 in the Nsawam Adoagyiri municipality and the Denkyembuor district.

The two are part of the 51 confirmed cases the region has so far recorded.

Sources close to Region’s health directorate have told JoyNews’ correspondent, Edwin Kofi Siaw that, the victim from Nsawam is a Ghanaian citizen who returned to the country on March 20, 2020, before President Akufo-Addo announced the closure of the country’s ports.

He is said to have self quarantined after arriving in Ghana, allaying fears he had infected many people.

Health officials in the Region have taken samples of seven of his immediate family members to the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIR) and are awaiting their test results.

Not much is known about the case recorded in the Denkyembour District, the reporter added.

The national case count now stands at 1,154, an increase of 112 more from the last data of 1,042 reported by President Nana Akufo-Addo in his address to the nation on Sunday, April 19.

National tally

The Ghana Health Service on Wednesday, April 22, announced that 112 more persons have contracted and tested positive for Covid-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.

Director-General of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Patrick Aboagye told a journalists Wednesday that “under the general surveillance, we have 401 cases that have reported positive. We still have the 115 travellers quarantined and tested positive and enhanced contact tracing in the last three weeks, we have 638 positives, bringing the number 1,154 cases as at today, April 22, 2020.

Source: Myjoyonline.com

Posted in News and tagged .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *